Combinatory Play at NoCo!
The maker movement does a great job of showing us all how much better we can learn, create and invent by bringing a wide variety of thinking together. It is at the intersection of these different perspectives that innovation happens.
We’ve brought together an amazing range of diverse makers for the NoCo Mini Maker Faire. From Spinzilla fabric arts to Rover Rally robot competitions. From Makers After Dark craft distillery tasting for 21+ only to a youth entrepreneurs market featuring young makers. From Steampunk play to the Inventors Showcase. Manufacturing Rocks to the Lego Challenge!
In creating the Faire, we are conveners of community creatives. Makerspace groups, Lego clubs, Boys and Girls Clubs, Inventors groups, Girls GSTEM and robotics clubs, entrepreneurs and more. After each event we hear great stories of things that came about from this rich ecosystem of innovators:
- I got a job after I met this company at the Faire.
- We put together a program bringing community college students in to learn in our machine shop – imagine, they were graduating engineers who had never been inside a machine shop!
- I was looking for some way to light my fabric project and I found someone the next booth over who understands tech lighting.
- Our kids have worked hard to build this in my garage – having it showcased in front of company CEOs and such a large community has been transformative for them.
- Our small company met this industry powerhouse at the Faire, became a supplier, and have experienced exponential growth in the year since.
- I was able to get real market feedback on my invention from the thousands of people streaming by my booth.
- I had no idea we had ____ here in Colorado. Now I have my parts manufactured right here.
- We got so many great ideas to take back to the classroom and ended up having our class put on a mini mini maker faire for the entire school. It was a huge success and the class really learned by making.
Since the first NoCo Faire in 2013, I’ve called this Serious Fun. Because while all of the elements of the Faire are really fun, there is an underlying importance to it all. Come and be inspired, find new ways of thinking and new projects, explore new collaborations and become part of our innovation economy!
The NoCo Mini Maker Faire is Colorado’s largest and most diverse Maker or STEAM event. If this is your first faire or third – you’ll find so much new here to explore! Join us October 9, 10 and 11 for the NoCo Mini Maker Faire and Makers After Dark. More information and tickets here.