Call for Makers is Open!
Attention all makers, tinkerers, inventors, hackers and do-it-yourselfers: The call for entries is now open for the Denver Mini Maker Faire! Strut your stuff in front of thousands of attendees over this two-day extravaganza of making at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science the weekend of June 11thand 12th!
Our theme for 2016 is Building the Future. We are looking for hands-on, interactive, and/or whiz bang exciting projects. Here are just some of the topics that we’re looking for:
- Engineering, aerospace, STEAM Student projects
- Homegrown Drones
- Electronics and Conductive materials projects
- Tools of Fabrication – invented tools, woodcrafting, metal smithing, 3D printing, CNC Milling
- Wearable tech, recycled fashion and textiles
- Robotics Experience
- Rockets and aerospace
- Mad Scientists – Science, Biology/Biotech, and Chemistry projects
- Whimsical creations – Puppets, Kites, and fantasy creatures
- Crazy Conveyances – bikes, trikes and other wheeled items that have been hacked
- Large-scale Art or interactive art projects
- Music Makers for a sound petting zoo
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
- Sustainability & Green Tech
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
If you want to discuss your ideas to exhibit or already know what you are working on, hit the MAKE button at the bottom of this post and tell us all about your awesome project! We’ll call and discuss your project with you.
This unique family-friendly event draws makers from all over the State to celebrate their unbridled creativity. The Denver Mini Maker Faire team is looking for a wide variety of eclectic, diverse and out-of-the-box ideas that highlight the tinkerer spirit. The Call for Makers is open from now through March 30. After this date we will accept projects only on a space available basis up through May 1. Last year our maker spaces filled up early – don’t wait to let us know you are interested. Don’t be shy about putting your project in, we’ll give you a call and talk through your creative ideas before confirming your space at the Faire.
Many thanks to our 2016 Denver Sponsors : Make Magazine, the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, Sparkfun Electronics, and Epilog Laser